World Travel Awards best alliance title is oneworld’s eighth of the year2015年12月14日
oneworld® has won its fourth best airline alliance award in two weeks – and its eighth of the year, confirming its position as the world’s most highly prized airline alliance.
It makes oneworld the holder of twice as many best airline alliance awards than its competitor alliances combined.
The latest honour comes from World Travel Awards, which named oneworld the World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2015 at a gala ceremony in Morocco on Saturday. It is the 13th year running that oneworld has received this award.
Earlier this month, oneworld was named Best Airline Alliance in three other award programmes:
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2015 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the sixth year in a row.
- 连续第三年荣获Premier Traveler的2015年最佳奖。
- Business Traveler North America’s 2015 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the first time.
These four trophies now sit on its mantelshelf alongside four others received by oneworld earlier this year:
- FlightStat’s 2014 Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award, received by oneworld for the second time running.
- Skytrax’s World Airline Awards 2015 Best Airline Alliance, for the third year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2015 Best Airline Alliance for the third year running.
- Trazees’ Favourite Airline Alliance 2015 in its debut awards.
oneworld also holds both awards available to airline alliances for the quality of the wines served by its member airlines in-flight - Business Traveller’s Cellars in the Sky Award 2015 and Global Traveler’s Best Alliance Wines on the Wing Award 2015.
oneworld CEO Bruce Ashby said: “oneworld aims to be the first choice alliance for frequent international travellers the world over, with quality one of our core values, so we very much appreciate being judged best in these surveys of international air travellers and travel specialists. We will continue to strive to live up to these honours.”
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Generate more than US$ 140 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.