oneworld wins its seventh best airline alliance award of the year2015年7月28日
oneworld® today collects its seventh best airline alliance award of the year, confirming its position as the world’s most highly prized airline alliance.
It receives its latest honour in the debut Trazees, a new award scheme presented by Trazee Travel, the web publication focussed on travellers aged between 18 and 35, from the Global Traveler group.
The Trazees Favorite Airline Alliance award is being presented today at a ceremony on the sidelines of the 2015 Global Business Travel Association convention, the biggest gathering of business travel buyers this year, taking place in Orlando, Florida, USA. The Best Airline Alliance trophy will be collected by oneworld’s Director of Sales José María Alvarado.
oneworld member airlines also fly high in the Trazees, with American Airlines named Favorite International Airline, and LAN Airlines Favorite Airline to South America.
Trazee Travel’s Editor-in-Chief Kimberly Krol said: “As the inaugural winner in this category, it's clear oneworld is a trendsetter in the industry, and a favorite of the millennial traveler, the most sought-after travel demographic.”
Nominations for the first-annual Trazees were collected from the web publication's contributors, as well as via an online ballot completed by Trazee readers. Final winners were selected by a panel of Trazee and FX Express Publications, Inc. management.
The Trazee trophy will join the six others already taking pride of place in oneworld’s trophy cabinet:
- FlightStat’s 2014 Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for the second time running.
- Skytrax’s World Airline Awards 2015 Best Airline Alliance, for the third year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2014 Best Airline Alliance for the second year running.
- Global Traveler magazine’s Best Airline Alliance in its GT Tested Reader Survey 2014 Awards for the fifth year running.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2014, for the 12th year running.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2014 Readers Survey Best Airline Alliance for the second consecutive year.
oneworld is an alliance of 15 of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. Member airlines include airberlin, American Airlines (including US Airways), British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, plus around 30 affiliated carriers. Between them, as part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more than 1,010 airports in some 155 countries, with 14,300 daily departures.
- Carried nearly 515 million passengers last year on a combined fleet of almost 3,500 aircraft.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges, are offered extra baggage allowances, priority baggage delivery and the use of fast track security lanes at select airports.