oneworld launches new sales product for conference and convention travel market2003年10月28日
oneworld™, the leading international airline grouping, today unveils its latest alliance fare – aimed at the growing conference and convention market.
Called eventflyer, it provides organisers of conferences and conventions the opportunity to offer their delegates a range of special fares, created specially for their event by some of the world's biggest and best airlines who, as an alliance, together serve more countries than any of their competitors. Event organisers also benefit from enhanced marketing support.
eventflyer, which will be released for sale on 1 November, was unveiled today at the seventh annual congress and exhibition of the International Congress and Convention Association, in Busan, Korea. This is the biggest gathering of conference and convention organisers this year, attended by some 500 professional conference organisers from around the world.
oneworld currently comprises American Airlines, British Airways, Qantas, Cathay Pacific Airways, Iberia, LanChile, Finnair and Aer Lingus. Swiss International Air Lines will join them during the early part of 2004. These nine airlines collectively serve 136 countries with more than 8,600 flights a day – an average of one take off or landing every five seconds.
oneworld already offers more alliance fare and sales products than all its competitors combined. eventflyer enables the grouping to build further on that lead.
Unlike most competitor products currently in the market, eventflyer is simple to use and carries few restrictions. It is available to the organisers of any conference or convention anywhere on the alliance's 575-destination network with at least 500 delegates expected to fly in to attend.
Once congress organisers have signed up oneworld, a minimum of six months ahead of the event, they enjoy special marketing support from its member airlines.
Making bookings is simplicity itself, with delegates directed to a special, easy-to-use website – oneworld.com/eventflyer
oneworld Managing Partner John McCulloch said: "Conferences and conventions represent an important and growing market for air travel, with delegates last year spending an estimated US$700 million on international flights to attend some 5,000 large-scale congresses staged by various organisations worldwide.
"With our excellent track record in developing alliance fares that provide tremendous value for consumers while opening up new revenue streams for our member airlines, we believe oneworld's new eventflyer will fast become the most popular airline product serving this market."
oneworld was launched in February 1999 to provide its customers and carriers with services and benefits no airline can deliver on its own or bilaterally with another partner. These include:
- Global coverage: oneworld is the most international of the global airline alliances, serving more countries than any of its competitors. Together its members currently offer travel to some 575 destinations in 136 countries, with more than 8,600 flights every day – an average of one departure or arrival every five seconds around the clock.
- More rewards and recognition: Members of any oneworld airline's frequent flyer programme enjoy all of the privileges that their status entitles them to - across all oneworld airlines, not just their own member airline. This means they can earn mileage awards and frequent flyer programme status points on all eligible flights and fares – including eventflyer – throughout the entire oneworld network and redeem awards across that unrivalled worldwide network. Their priority check-in, seating and boarding privileges are also extended across all oneworld carriers.
- More lounges: Top tier card holders of the airlines' frequent flyer programmes can access more than 380 oneworld airline lounges worldwide, no matter on which of the oneworld airlines they are travelling
- Better value: oneworld has pioneered some of the most innovative, flexible and attractively priced alliance fares available, with more alliance products than all the other global groupings combined providing an unmatched choice for travel right around the world or one or more continents.
- Superior quality: oneworld's partners include some of the world's biggest and best airlines, all with strong reputations for excellent and innovative customer service. The quality of the oneworld customer journey, from lounges to the in-flight product, helps passengers arrive at their destinations fresh, well rested, and ready to do business. oneworld was the first of the global alliance to commit to e-ticket interlining, which will be extended, on a phased basis, by the end of next year between all oneworld airlines.
- Smoother transfers: Wherever possible, passengers connecting between oneworld carriers are checked right through to their final destination, with staff and airport signs providing assistance at any airports that might be unfamiliar.
- Improved facilities: By working together, oneworld's members can create far better facilities – airport check-in areas, lounges, ticket desks etc - than any of them could justify on their own, and at better unit costs.
- Greater support: The alliance's airlines employ more than a quarter of a million people across the globe to ensure oneworld customers travel safely, securely and comfortably every step of their journey.