Business Traveller best airline alliance award makes it a double six for oneworld2018年10月16日
oneworld® has been named Best Airline Alliance for the sixth year in a row in the 2018 Business Traveller awards – ensuring oneworld remains the current holder of six of the leading “best airline alliance” titles available in the various industry award schemes worldwide.
That means oneworld holds twice as many as “best airline alliance awards” as the other alliances combined.
Besides the Business Traveller title, oneworld is also currently holder of:
- FlightStats’ Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for 2017, for the fifth year running.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2017 GT Tested Reader Survey awards – for the eighth year in a row.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2017 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the third year running.
- Trazee Travel's Favorite Airline Alliance 2018 for the third time.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2017 for the 15th year running.
oneworld member airlines also flew high in Business Traveller’s 2018 awards, taking six of the 15 available awards – more than carriers from any other alliance – with British Airways and Qatar Airways each making three trips to the winners’ podium.
British Airways was named Best Shorthaul Carrier, Best Frequent Flyer Programme and Best Airport Lounge, for its Concorde Room at its London Heathrow Terminal 5 base.
Qatar Airways was honoured as Best Longhaul Airline, Best Business Class and Best Middle Eastern Airline.
The awards, presented at a ceremony in London, are voted for by readers of the leading UK magazine’s readers, with the results authenticated by an independent auditing company. Business Traveller describes them as being “widely recognised as the market’s benchmark for excellence”.
To see the full results, go to businesstraveller.com
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. oneworld members include American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. Fiji Airways is to link to the alliance as its first oneworld connect partner. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more than 1,000 airports in 150 plus territories, with some 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry almost 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate more than US$ 130 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.